Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Dear Creature


I stumbled across Dear Creatures' autumn 2009 look book a couple days ago and it just made me smile. Well this is something I haven't seen in while! The styling really brings you back to the late 60's model days of Twiggy and Penelope Tree.And lets not forget to credit the talented Charley Harper, whose graphic art of animal and nature have been a true inspiration for me the past few years. The leaf imagery is unmistakeably his I assume.Great way to execute a mood by layering photography and flat art. The mixed media concept was a fresh way to showcase a new line of clothing. Feels autumnal, certainly era influenced and more like pieces of art than a designer's collection. I like. Think I might do some photoshop experiments this weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment