Friday, July 23, 2010

new shoes revamped. diy.

When Meli told me All Saints was having a huge sale, I didn't fret on running to purchasing the Amarante boots that I have been eyeing for months now—only problem, the color I wanted wasn't marked down! The black pair was full price at $250 but the bitter brown was down to $125! Argh!
I decided, well fuck it, I am just going to buy the brown and dye them black myself!

1. I roughed up the leather a tad with a fine sandpaper pad to aid in the dye absorption.

2. With a rag, I massaged black Eco-Flo leather dye all over the boot.

3. A day later, after they were completely dry, they were totally black!

4. For the worn out effect, I used the sandpaper again on them and replaced the laces with a black twine.

5. The result looks pretty similar to the actual black pair All Saints was selling!

mission accomplished! :)

10 comments:

  1. OMG, I love those!... You must of dyed shoes before... I would of been too chicken and had a shoe place do it .... Good job- looks brand new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! Love this kind of thinking and the boots are really awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so amazing! I love these boots so much more now =)
    This inspires me to be more thrifty with my stuff <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is so amazing how you did this. :D And they look really awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great DIY!

    ~L~
    www.avidaccents.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great idea, and done beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea. I love it when someone makes a new item theirs! It added so much character :)

    ReplyDelete