Sunday, February 12, 2012

merlot

My first family dog, Merlot. He died on Friday, February 10, at fourteen years old. My dad said my Yiayia called and asked us to send Merlot. Yiayia loved him—she got such kick out of him always deciding to snuggle up next to her on the couch. She would pat his head and he would sit there loving it.  My mom lost her mother two week ago and now her hairy baby boy. She was very attached to him and so was I. I don't have more to say—we lost another family member.
I watched Merlot and Kai last spring when my parents were traveling. Merlot would pee outside then immediately dart right back to my apartment buildings door, slipping right out of his harness. It was kind of hilarious. I have to keep reminding myself of all the funny things Merlot did because he was seriously like no other dog I've ever met.
oxox

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I am so sorry. The thought that your grandmother missed your pup and called him home to her is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh goodness. I'm so sorry for your loss. The same happened to me 3 years ago March 9th. My grandmother died one week, and then my dog was stolen the next week on the same day. My dog was 11 and never ever ventured away from home like that. I thought the pain was so unbearable to lose both precious gifts a week apart. I hope you can find peace into know that they are somewhere having a great time, and she's patting his head and he is forever loving it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im so sorry for your lost. Give you mom a big hug from me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. merlot was one of the first dogs i fell in love with. he will be missed dearly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry. Such a horrible thing to go through. I went through it myself 2 years ago this week. I still miss my sweet little pooch terribly but sometimes she comes to visit in dreams and it's kind of awesome. Keep an eye out for Merlot in yours.

    ReplyDelete